The Carson Farmers Market
Check back or sign up for our emails to keep up to date on the 2021 Market Season information.
We were established in 2008 to create a gathering place in the historic downtown where local farmers, producers, and businesses can connect with our community.
The market is open 8:30 am to 1:00 pm the first Saturday of June through the last Saturday of September.
Benefits of Buying Local
- Buying local helps keep family farms viable and keeps dollars in our community.
- You know where your food is coming from.
- Local food tastes better because it’s picked during its peak flavor and nutritional value, not ripened with synthetic chemicals.
- Small local farmers follow sustainable farming practices.
- Buying local produce cuts down travel time from farm to table, most foods in grocery stores travel hundreds of miles to get to your plate.
- The risk of foodborne illness decreases substantially when buying local food.