Bringing Local Farmers Right to your Table
The Carson Farmers Market (fka 3rd & Curry Street Farmers Market) was established in 2008 to create a gathering place in the historic downtown where local farmers, producers, and businesses can connect with our community. Our goal is to help contribute to the success of our producers and downtown businesses while strengthening our local food economy.
We are located in the parking lot at the corner of 3rd and Curry Street.
The market is open 8:30 am to 1:00
the first Saturday of June through the last Saturday of September. pm
Benefits of Buying Local
- Buying local helps keep family farms viable and keeps dollars in our community.
- You know where your food is coming from.
- Local food tastes better because it’s picked during its peek flavor and nutritional value, not ripened with synthetic chemicals.
- Small local farmers follow sustainable farming practices.
- Buying local produce cuts down travel time from farm to table, most foods in grocery stores travel hundreds of miles to get to your plate.
- The risk of foodborne illness decreases substantially when buying local food.