Fresh juicy peaches with a little char from the grill matched with sweet local honey are a delicious summertime dessert.
3 tbsp honey
1/16 tsp cinnamon
1/16 tsp salt
- Begin by preheating your gas grill to medium. If you are cooking on charcoal, cook at the end of grilling everything else you are cooking.
- Meanwhile, cut your peaches crossways following the natural line on the peach. Separate and remove the pits.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons of honey, pinch of cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Be sure to re-whisk this mixture just before you coat the peaches in it.
- Dip each peach half in the honey mixture until it’s completely coated.
- Place the peach halves cut side down and grill undisturbed for 4-5 minutes.
- Flip and grill until tender another 3 or so minutes. Remove from the grill and serve with a dollop of yogurt or ice cream with extra honey drizzled over, mint, or chopped nuts.