Grilled zucchini is a simple side dish at its finest. Grilled vegetables are summer’s answer to winter’s roasted veggies.
3 lbs small-medium zucchini cut in halves lengthwise
3 garlic cloves grated
2 tbsp olive or avocado oil
3/4 tsp salt
black pepper to taste
- Add zucchini to a large bowl with a lid or a large baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over zucchini. Mix by either shaking the container with the lid on it or by using your hands. You can also brush the dressing onto the zucchini.
- Preheat grill on medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Place zucchini in a single layer on the grill, close the lid and cook for 4-5 minutes. Flip the zucchini once, cover and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Zucchini should be tender to the touch with nice grill marks when it is done. How long depends on the grill and you know your grill best.