Melon sorbet is a refreshing and cool easy after-dinner treat, perfect for the hot summer nights.
1 c. Sugar
1 c. Water
4 c. melon, cubed & chilled
Juice of 1 small Lemon
- Make a simple syrup by placing the water and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring to completely dissolve the sugar. Remove from heat, place in an airtight container, and refrigerate until cold.
- Place the chilled cantaloupe cubes, cold simple syrup, and lemon juice in a blender. Puree until very smooth.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturers directions.
- When thick and frozen, scoop into a container and freeze until firm.
- Let sit out for 5 minutes before scooping.
No Ice Cream Maker?
Freeze melon. In a food processor, combine the frozen fruit and syrup.
Blend just until smooth. Serve directly out of the food processor or scoop into a container and freeze until firm.