Fresh berries, creamy smooth cheesecake and fluffy yellow butter cake combine into a fresh 4th of July dessert.
Make our homemade yellow butter cake, or use box mix. Either way is delicious.
Yellow Butter Cake
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/4 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) round baking pans or a sheet pan*
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt in bowl. Set aside.
- Beat sugar and butter in bowl at medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until creamy.
- Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla.
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk, beating at low speed after each addition just until mixed.
- Bake 25-30 min
- Cool 15 min then turn out onto a rack to cool rest of the way.
*We’re going to tear the cake apart for this recipe.