1 medium yellow onion, sliced in wedges
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 lbs. Russet potatoes, unpeeled, sliced in wedges
2 Tablespoons minced garlic
1 medium zucchini, cut into thick rounds
1 – 14.5 oz. can petite diced tomatoes
2 to 4 Tablespoons vegetable broth *
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 Tablespoon dried minced onions
1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
¼ teaspoon dried ground rosemary
1 teaspoon dried crushed thyme leaves
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 – 15.5 oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
Freshly chopped parsley
Dried red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Place the Spice/Herb Ingredients into a small bowl, mix to combine, and set aside.
- Place all the Bake Ingredients and Spice/Herb mix into a deep ceramic/enamel-lined Dutch oven or similar roasting pan. Mix well everything to ensure all the ingredients are evenly coated. Sprinkle the top lightly with some additional sea salt and black pepper. Cover with a tight-fitting lid, then place in a preheated 400 F oven and roast for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, remove from the oven and gently mix in the cannellini beans, cover and return to the oven for another 5 to 20 minutes or until the potatoes are perfectly tender. The 2nd baking time is mainly dependent upon the size of the potatoes. (see notes on baking time).
- After 5 minutes (or 20 minutes), remove from the oven, remove the lid and allow the heat to escape for approx. 10 minutes. Discard the bay leaves.
- Sprinkle with some freshly chopped parsley or pepper flakes, ENJOY!
Original Recipe: https://monkeyandmekitchenadventures.com/rustic-italian-vegetable-bake/