1 cup Yellow Cornmeal
1 cup Oat Flour
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
1/8 teaspoon Ground Cloves
1 cup Buttermilk
1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
1/3 cup Pure Maple Syrup
1 tablespoon Melted Coconut Oil
1 1/2 teaspoons Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Bean Paste
- Preheat oven to 400°F and place a 10 inch skillet inside to heat up.
- Combine cornmeal, oat flour, baking powder, salt and spices in a large bowl and mix together.
- Whisk the buttermilk, pumpkin, maple syrup, egg, coconut oil and vanilla bean paste together in a small bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together until just incorporated.
- Remove the skillet from the oven. Place the butter in the skillet and swirl around so that it coats the entire pan and sides.
- Add the cornbread batter to the skillet and bake for about 25 minutes until starting to turn golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven, let cool 10-15 minutes before slicing. Serve with additional butter and/or maple syrup.